Over the past few months I’ve learned a lot about myself, and my journey isn’t over. In fact, I’m excited about the next steps.
About six months ago when I first signed up for my personal training certification program, I did it with a bigger goal in mind: to become a certified health coach. The progress I’ve made so far? Well, let’s review:
- I passed my personal training certification exam at the end of September.
- I met up with another – inspiring – ACE personal trainer and health coach to talk about how she got started.
- I registered my business, Be Fit Live Well, LLC, with a forward looking point of view – not one of just training, but health coaching.
- A few days ago, I completed my specialty certification for weight management.
- And today, I signed up for the ACE Health Coach study program. Within the next six months, I’ll take (and pass) my exam and become a certified health coach.
So, what happens in the meantime?
There’s lot to do. But I feel more confident about it than ever, and I’m so excited for all of the amazing things on the horizon. While I’m working through the health coach study program, here’s what I have to look forward to:
- Keep plugging away at my day job. (After all, while I’m following my dreams, I still have bills to pay.)
- Contact local gyms – again. Online contact forms have mostly been a bust. It’s time to make some phone calls so that I have a comfortable environment in which to train clients.
- Research and create a list of outdoor venues where I can train clients.
- Finish laying the foundation for Be Fit Live Well. There are still some basics to cover, such as creating a memorable logo and brand, setting up a business phone line, finish my website, and kick off marketing. Kind of difficult to train clients when I don’t have any.
- Most importantly, make time for me – and Boyfriend, our puppy Bella, and family. As excited as I am about what’s still to come, I can’t lose sight of those who are most important to me in my life. Right now, Boyfriend, Bella, and I have a nice home and I love spending time with them. And today, family will come over and join us for a mid-November BBQ, games, Scooby Doo, and good times.
So there it is. There’s never a dull moment, and the future is still pretty unpredictable. Will my business blossom into my new full-time career? I don’t know. Maybe. It could also be a lucrative part-time business that allows me to bring in a little extra money while helping people feel more comfortable and self-confident in their lives and bodies.
After all, the confidence I’ve gain throughout my own journey is a huge part of why I wanted to direct my energy toward helping other people. I want to help them find their self-confidence, nurture it, and be happy and healthy. Cheers!